july 25th the first site wide event will launch after the AC! stay tuned for more details <3

july 25th july ac is live! [LINK] remember to post in the check to save your roster!

july 1st our second activity check is over! remember: if you lost a character in the activity check, you can reclaim them here: [LINK]

june 08 kadath now has a bestiary! [LINK] have a monster idea? add them!

june 07 new skin! please pm ysa with any noticeable issues

custom forum structure by black @ code. skin and sidebar by lauz @ shine. banner image by alex andreev. CODE TAG BY JAWN. mini profile by ree at shine. custom profile page by AKASHUIA at shine. original concept and the world of the kadath by KABAL.

Add Reply
New Poll

Ask the Staff!, get answers | guest-friendly
Audient Void
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 07:44 PM
Admin
142 posts
??? years old
???
???
N/A
???
Audient Void

Ask the Staff

This thread is dedicated entirely to answering the questions you couldn't find answers to in any of informational material. That said, please make sure to read everything in the RULES forum before posting here: anything that can be found there will be deleted.

Not sure if your character is suited for New Game? Have an obscure fandom you'd like to ask about? Confused about Kadath's world or governing systems? Ask us below!

PMEmail
^
Fuzzy
 Posted: May 4 2017, 07:00 AM
Players
20 posts
is old years old
N/A
professionally staring into the abyss
N/A
soft blankets
Fuzzy

Hey guys, I had a question! I have a thread to post, but I'm not sure what section of the forum would be appropriate for it. I assumed Kadath had some kind of general hospital for care, but I wasn't sure if it had a set location! Do you know where the hospital would be located?

Thank you!
PM
^
Ysa
 Posted: May 4 2017, 08:06 AM
Admin
63 posts
One Billion years old
Awoken
Queen
n/a
The Black Lodge
Ysa

Hey, Stardust!

I just set up a brand new forum under the Capital Sector in Upper Kadath for the hospital. <3 Go nuts!

PM
^
Code
 Posted: May 16 2017, 06:27 PM
Players
8 posts
18 years old
Rper
Taleweaver
N/A
Myself
Code

N/A

So in the future im most likely going to app Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I was wondering if/how Mecha or just giant characters would operate on the site?

Personally i was considering restricting the use of Asukas Eva for critical plots or other situations that would need a mech, and of course the slew of weaknesses that the pilots of Eva face, but I wanted to ask just to make sure!
PM
^
Kabal
 Posted: May 19 2017, 10:15 PM
Admin
15 posts
several years old
Anti-Owl
Infinite Emperor
11" | 5,000 LBS.
Shrek
Kabal

Hey Code! So me and the other staff talked about this for a bit because it's a doosey and I think largely comes down to a case by case basis.

For Asuka, her Eva would be HELL to store and maintain and impractical for her own resources. So to that end, I don't think she should really start with it-- instead, I think if it were to arrive, it should be part of a larger plot. Kadath drops foreign objects in it all the time! Given how personal and kind of fucked up those suits are, maybe you could fashion a larger story around it?

For most mech characters though, say a smaller scale Gundam pilot or an early season Gunman pilot from Gurren Lagen, I would err more towards letting those on from the start.
PM
^
Addy
 Posted: May 20 2017, 05:33 PM
Players
3 posts
(Almost) 22 years old
Robot
Stalker, er, I mean Stocker
N/A
Imagination
Addy

N/A

I am considering making a character from Borderlands. Given that the abilities the characters have can get a little "broken" towards closing out the skill trees, I was wondering what level I'd be allowed to make them at. The levels start at 1 and go up to 72, but given the opening cinematic of 2 shows them using abilities they otherwise wouldn't have until "True Vault Hunter Mode" (i.e. 35 and up) and I intend to have the character be played AFTER the DLC of the game, meaning a little over level 50, would this be acceptable, or?
PM
^
Ysa
 Posted: May 20 2017, 06:46 PM
Admin
63 posts
One Billion years old
Awoken
Queen
n/a
The Black Lodge
Ysa

Hey, Addy!

New Game is very much about power to the player, so we don't have much in the way of restrictions on abilities as long as they're not game-breaking and, even more importantly, that they are balanced. If your character does have a top tier level of strength/ability that would make them incredibly capable not only in their own canon but here as well (consider that some characters may have immunities/abilities that are not canon to Borderlands), then all we ask for is a balancing and an equal level of responsibility with them. The latter being the greater emphasis.

Levels, for the most part, are irrelevant here outside of deciding where your character's skill tree would end. Obviously, we don't keep stats. All we would need is a detailed list of their abilities, the downsides of each (unless they're all relatively the same such as lack of range, mobility, or something involving energy drain concepts). After that, we would expect and require you to roleplay the character with the same level of balance. If you do engage in combat threads, we ask you don't resort to god-modding such as complete invincibility or just an overall lack of unfairness for other players. There are people that would probably be happy to lose to your character, but it would need to be discussed with them first, not commandeered by your opinion on the skills. Overall, your characters abilities are free to create -- espeically if, as it sounds, you are using a build that can be made in game. As long as we feel you've given the character a balance, you'll be fine!

PM
^
Ouroboros
 Posted: May 24 2017, 11:20 AM
Players
16 posts
23 years old
eldritch cat demon
cinnamon roll collector
vast emptiness of space
doge avatar collective
Ouroboros

N/A

OKAY so my question is basically just: Can Rex know Ben Tennyson from Ben 10 despite the fact that they're from separate series? Looking around it seems like the 1 hour special is in a nebulous canon state- things that occurred from it are referenced in Ben 10 and Gen Rex later on briefly but outside of that it was basically just 'yeah that happened'. I'm having trouble finding any definitive evidence from the writers so opinion seems to come down to personal views on whether its canon or not but it definitely IS canon that Rex and Ben's worlds basically are from the same universe and that parallel worlds in them are a thing.

EDIT: Looking, it seems another comic was released labelled Hero Times Two that had aother crossover between them!

Now the reason I ask this is basically for one important reason: the existence of parallel worlds. The special essentially revealed the existence of worlds and dimensions (and aliens lol) outside of Rex's world, which I feel would be important for stopping Rex from freaking the frack out once he ends up in Kadath. (I reaaally don't want him going all bio mech and losing all his memories right off the bat 8I) Whereas if he KNOWS that he wound up here and has hope, things would go a lot smoother.

"What's the one thing you can only survive 3 seconds without? Hope!"
PMEmail
^
Ysa
 Posted: May 29 2017, 12:25 PM
Admin
63 posts
One Billion years old
Awoken
Queen
n/a
The Black Lodge
Ysa

Ouro,

Sorry for the wait! Looking over the canon material, we've decided that it is okay for Rex to have knowledge of Ben 10 and, thereby vague knowledge of parallel universes. While the canon is, like you said, in a obscure state, it does seem to introduce characters that later become canon to the series. We'll take your word for it that the later encounters with introduced characters like Shocksquatch is not obviously their first as none of the staff has seen this show to my knowledge. Obviously, there is nothing out there to refute the state of it either.

As an aside, the comic book does seem to be marked non-canon, so if there was anything you hoped to pull from there, we'd have to ask you to avoid it unless you can find a solid source that states otherwise.

PM
^
guesta
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 02:40 PM
N/A posts
years old
guesta
[] is N/A

If there's a canon character that has appeared in multiple mediums (i.e. comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows, books, etc.) - would he have to choose one medium to pull them from, or can their history/personality include aspects from other mediums as well? i.e. if there's information from the comics/cartoons that was never shown in the movies or vice versa? Or can some characters just be from different (but similar) universes from each other?
^
Ysa
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 08:24 PM
Admin
63 posts
One Billion years old
Awoken
Queen
n/a
The Black Lodge
Ysa

Hello, Guest!

We'd love to give you a complete answer, but unfortunately, this is very reliant on what character and what mediums you are trying to mix. An acceptable mix of lore that was provided by the staff was applying for Neo from the Matrix. It would be fine to mix the movies and the comic books, as they are part of the same world. However, apping someone like Spiderman from the movie verse and using content from comic books that might have conflicting canon would not be. If the canon sources do not meld or outright conflict each other, we would ask that you refrain from mixing them together. Generally speaking, we recommend choosing one timeline/canon source, but using outside material for backstory or to add additional characterization may be allowed!

As I said if we had a better of idea of who and what you mix for them, we could give you a better answer! If you'd like an answer before registering, we do have a Discord link in the top left-hand corner. All our admins are marked, so feel free to reach out to one of us directly. Otherwise, as always, PM is available as well as continuing the conversation here!

PM
^
Djurabeast
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 09:35 PM
Players
5 posts
29 years old
N/A
climatology student
N/A
real life
Djurabeast

N/A

So I posted this in the Cbox, but then afterwards realized that it was probably better-suited to this Ask the Staff forum! So with that in mind...

What's the climate like on Kadath? Is it mild, tropical, chilly? Are there seasons? Weather? Do characters have to worry about getting caught in the rain (multicolored or otherwise)? It's probably a silly minor detail, but I don't want to be describing a pleasantly balmy summer day while someone else is writing pea-soup fog!
PM
^
Kabal
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 04:07 PM
Admin
15 posts
several years old
Anti-Owl
Infinite Emperor
11" | 5,000 LBS.
Shrek
Kabal

Hey Djurabeast!

Kadath weather is pretty chaotic and changes with eldritch unpredictability! However, overall it mostly follows the four traditional seasons as far as general climate is concerned (Summer is varying levels of hot, Winter varying levels of cold). For the most part, feel free to go nuts describing the weather conditions! New Game is pretty freeform like that and inconsistencies are easy to explain away just with how crazy Kadath actually is.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

a f f i l i a t e
RPG-D NickPicHost

TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay Those Among Us DBS Yuri Roleplay Sengoku Horizon F/BC All of Me ♥ BLEEDING EDGE DETHRONED GODS:RE Save Me STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kaleidoscope Avalon a Panfandom RP
skinned by lauz @ shine.