july 25th the first site wide event will launch after the AC! stay tuned for more details <3

july 25th july ac is live! [LINK] remember to post in the check to save your roster!

july 1st our second activity check is over! remember: if you lost a character in the activity check, you can reclaim them here: [LINK]

june 08 kadath now has a bestiary! [LINK] have a monster idea? add them!

june 07 new skin! please pm ysa with any noticeable issues

custom forum structure by black @ code. skin and sidebar by lauz @ shine. banner image by alex andreev. CODE TAG BY JAWN. mini profile by ree at shine. custom profile page by AKASHUIA at shine. original concept and the world of the kadath by KABAL.

Add Reply

Sorry, we're [CLOSED], Hazama off the clock | OPEN
Hazama
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:21 PM
True_Neutral
12 posts
??? years old
ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
Intelligence Captain
6" | 134 lbs
Blazblue
Hazama

user posted image
HAZAMA
The moment it hit 24:00, Hazama came here. Slinking through shortcuts only a spook would know, he was determined to make it to Kadath Square without bothering with public transportation. Rolling up his sleeve, Hazama checked his watch. Good good, he was making decent time.

What wasn't there to love about the Garden Quarter? Fresh air, aromatic scents, free from urban noise. There were no criminals to catch, no reports to read; just him, a cool breeze, and the quiet rustling of local vegetation.

Oh, and he shouldn't forget-- that cute little 24/7 breakfast place down the road. That was the real draw here.

Wandering along patches of tulips and roses, Hazama wouldn't help but wonder if this was an 'ideal life' people aspire to. Wake up early everyday, make a difference in the community, wind down with a pretty view and a decent view, lather, rinse, repeat. Would someone else be fulfilled in his shoes? Or would they be miserable doing his job, spiteful, constantly complain about being buried in paper work? Would they take the Blacklight exit instead, drowning their frustrations in booze like a good, normal, self destructive member of society?

--Aah. The thought occurred to him. Booze. Maybe he should give it a try sometime.

Oh well. It was too late as is, and Hazama was too deep into Kadath Square's flower fields to start back tracking now. For tonight, he was committed to this evening routine. Meandering through a beautiful park district at dusk, pretending the crisp clean air held any more value to him than the smog of the Iron Works. It was useful, that, to pretend like these things mattered to him. People who happened to follow him might not suspect much that way, might see weakness or humanity when there was none. Maybe he even could learn something, just going through the motions of an 'average' life.

Or maybe not. Still, what else was he doing this evening?

He reached his destination. 'Miss Cluckers 24/7 Bistro', the only place in Kadath to get good eggs late at night. But no neon sign of bright light greeted his arrival-- instead, against all odds, the shades were down and no one was home. For all intents and purposes, Miss Cluckers seemed to be closed.

Hazama had a hard time being disappointed; but it sure was a bit of an anti-climax.

"Oh dear...what to do now, I wonder?"

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 01:59 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

The garden is reminiscent of the city ruins back on Earth. Though plant life didn't ravage through the concrete and buildings, the amount of green surrounding the andoird was almost identical. However, it was lacking the wild beasts she was accustomed to seeing roam around the grounds. The garden was more lively with the different flowers adorning the path. 2B glances over them as she walks past, listening to Pod 042 name each one.

"Pod, is it possible to find a Lunar Tear in this garden?"

"Scanning..."

2B looks back at the array of flowers and bends down to touch the one called 'Daffodil'. She takes note of how vibrant its yellow petals are and how enamouring the structure of the flower was. If the Lunar Tear held a specific meaning, did the daffodil and other flowers here have meaning too?

6O would have loved it here.

2B is quickly brought back to reality by Pod 042. "Lunar Tears currently do not grow in this garden. However, should Unit 2B have the opportunity to plant them, this will be the ideal environment."

"...Thanks."

She lifts herself back to her feet and continues to traverse through the garden then slowly comes to a halt when she spots somebody standing outside a closed building. It's no surprise, seeing that it's the dead of night. What were their motives for being out so late?

"Proposal: Unit 2B should confront the subject and interrogate them."

"Sure. Only possible if they didn't hear you just now."

Regardless, 2B approches the person standing around the building. Their green hair was... Certainly something. But their overall appearance gave off a sort of professional air, abliet slight carlessness. She looks up at the sign displayed on the building and is left somewhat baffled. If it's 24/7, then why is it closed? Well, that's not her problem.

"Why are you loitering around here so late at night? You do know somebody can mistake you for a burglar."

PMEmail
^
Hazama
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 12:22 AM
True_Neutral
12 posts
??? years old
ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
Intelligence Captain
6" | 134 lbs
Blazblue
Hazama

user posted image
HAZAMA
Hazama gave the darkened windows of the so-called '24/7' establishment a good seeing to before turning on his way, peering inside to see nothing but stacked chairs and empty tables-- the bistro was dead as disco. A small sign to the side cleared up why, something about Mrs. Clucker's health and a promise to be back to normal operating hours by the weekend. Of course, that wasn't what really captured Hazama's attention as he gazed at the glass.

Rather, it was the image a small rotary 'drone' and a petite woman reflected in the glass that caught most of his attention. At first, Hazama thought they were simply the usual moody sort that could be found meandering these flowery garden paths, contemplating whatever morose and somber self-interested malarkey had seen fit to curse their usually pre- or just post-pubescent lives. Really, that image was never dispelled in his mind from any aspect of her (their?) behavior-- but it was certainly complicated by the inopportune blurting of her machine.

Lunar tears were something the intelligence Captain was completely unfamiliar with, but from the sounds of it she'd come out this late to garden. Quickly, the floating apparatus barked out something that sounded almost like orders to 'interrogate' him for daring to hit up a late night eatery. Rude stuff! But Hazama didn't really care and pretended not to hear just yet. Seemingly enchanted by whatever lay inside Mrs. Clucker's, the good Captain took this time to listen in and gather what he could from their conversation.

He could gather easily enough the woman was called 'Unit 2B', either a military designation or a perhaps...mechanical one? Could she be some sort of android, or simply some kind of off-brand super spy? With a get up like that, either way, he couldn't help but imagine she was a bit overdressed for her station...

She wasn't a particularly long winded sort though. It took no time at all from the conversation for her to make her way towards Hazama and rather bluntly scold him-- ooh, bad manners. Aah well. It was a tragedy, but it didn't seem like he'd be getting his breakfast tonight. Hazama turned towards her, flashing his ever-coy smile, lifting the brim of his hat as though he had just noticed her.

"Could they now? Dear me...well, I'll be sure to be on my best behavior. Come to think of it though...I could easily take you for a criminal yourself, what with the pitch black evening wear and assorted er...apparatuses."

Two steps closer, then three, then a full stop. His closed eyes lied and forced a deceptively quizzical expression on his face before again dissolving into his usual false mirth. Maybe this '2B' could prove a more satisfying distraction than a late night snack. After all, you always met the most interesting people late at night.

"Of course, I'd be willing to give you the benefit of a doubt if you do the same for me. You aren't a cop by any chance Miss...?"

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 11:06 AM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

2B scoffs at his comment and folds her arms, "Is that how you classify all possible threats, by determining what kind of person they are based off their clothing?" To her chagrin however, he had a point. Anybody who was unfamiliar with her YoHRa attire and her mechanical companion would immediately have suspicions. Contrary to him, at least she wasn't loitering at some closed eatery. As far as she knows, he would've broken in just to calm his appetite.

His attitude left such an impression on her. From the moment he opened his mouth, she can sense the sarcasm oozing out as he spoke. God, this is going to be such a pain.

Whatever.

Pod 042 pipes up to answer the man's next statement. "Negative. YoRHa Unit 2B is not associated with the law enforcement in this world."

She examines the man's appearance once more, her lips forming a small frown after she realizes his hypocrisy. Here he is, making a big deal about her all-black attire, while he's just as guilty himself (save for the very small amount of color). Of course she was never completely certain that he was a criminal, especially with a (somewhat) fancy suit and tie. Why Pod had proposed to interrogate him earlier is unbeknownst to her. Guess even Pods can be bizarre sometimes.

'Benefit of the doubt'. Funny. That nearly gets a laugh out of her.

After some silence, 2B finally speaks up. "It's a mouthful, I know. Just call me 2B." She thinks back on his question from earlier when he inquired if she was a cop. Whether she was or not, he didn't seem completely concerned. From the looks of it, it seems that he possess a better status than her here. If that's the case, then why even put on an act?

Hm. What an odd being.

PMEmail
^
Hazama
 Posted: May 14 2017, 12:27 AM
True_Neutral
12 posts
??? years old
ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
Intelligence Captain
6" | 134 lbs
Blazblue
Hazama

user posted image
HAZAMA
YoRHa No.2 Type B? Well, she and her stooge certainly wore themselves on their sleeves. Commendable? Not quite, but convenient. That ended the guesswork; she was quite obviously some manner of artificial being. 'Clarify all possible threats'? Certainly not someone engineered for subtlety...or perhaps she was, and was merely making a show of it because he overheard the pod give her away? Unlikely. If her equipment blew her cover, it wasn't much of a cover to begin with now was it?

"Oh, not usually! But what people are carrying tends to signify where they came from, don't you think? Hardly foolproof I know, but a hunch is a hunch."

Moving away from the window, Hazama calmly slid his hands into his coat-pockets, idly wondering what kind of organism this 2B was. A cyborg? An android? A weird techno stalinist? The possibilities were endless, but with each silent footfall Hazama felt like he was meandering closer to singling out the truth.

"Ah, but goodness! I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Hazama, of the Kadath Intelligence Department? I think my rank is uhh...Captain? Nice to meet you, Miss 2B." The words were shipped with his trademark singsong sweetness, but the chances of 2B caring were next to none. How she reacted to his words though-- would she express disdain at his lax manner? Would she be angered with him asking her if she was law enforcement if he himself turned out to be with them himself? Would she care at all? Each of her responses answered questions invisibly asked as Hazama coyly smiled ever on.

Did he really care? No, not terribly so. But this was a distraction and if indeed she was an artificial being, they'd have that much in common. On the off chance he could help him get a better understanding of what the human experience was all about, it'd be worthwhile to bug her for a bit-- at the least, a better use of an evening than simply limping off home on an empty stomach.

Not long on the coattails of his previous statement, Hazama spat a query that would change the flow of this impromptu conversation in a more direct way.

"By the way, that name-- dare I ask, are you an artificial being? I can't say I'm personally acquainted with any sort of YoRHa nor any units of similar designation, so I'm a bit curious. It is the Intelligence Department's job to keep track of these kinds of things, of course."

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: May 19 2017, 03:16 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

It took a bit for his introduction to register, but she still wanted to reject it. A captain of the Intelligence Department? He’s got to be kidding. There’s no way that someone like him would be a part of the department, let alone be a Captain, of all things. His faux sweetness made it even more grating. She gives a slight scowl, but tries to keep her cool and replies with a stoic “Nice to meet you too.” If her Commander got a good look at him and his demeanor, oh, she would wipe the floor with him so he could straighten up his act. And if he was part of the Intelligence Department, then what the hell was the point in him asking if she was part of the law enforcement!

Hazama’s next question doesn’t faze her, yet only adds fire to the flame he stirred in her. ‘Dare I ask’, he says as he does it anyways. “I’m an android,” she says curtly, watching him idle around without a care in the world. As much as he wanted to pry and learn more about her, she wasn’t about to give out information about her just because he wants it. “I’m not associated with your Intelligence Department either. I have my own agenda to take care of.”

The nerve of this guy.

2B ends up questioning his humanity, if he even has any. There’s no way that someone would prod and provoke so much for their amusement. The only time she’s witnessed such a thing was from the machines she’s encountered. “Look, I understand that you have nothing better to do because your favorite eatery is closed, but I’m sure you can toy with somebody else.” With that, she gives her back to Hazama and starts to walk back to the flower fields. Knowing his attitude however, she couldn’t help but suspect that he’s sure to follow.

She sighs out of irritation before glancing back to him, “What is it that you want anyways? Are you so bored that you have to bother someone else for entertainment? Get a life.”

PMEmail
^
Hazama
 Posted: May 29 2017, 12:09 AM
True_Neutral
12 posts
??? years old
ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
Intelligence Captain
6" | 134 lbs
Blazblue
Hazama

user posted image
HAZAMA
Wonderful! 2B was such a kind, giving soul, telling him exactly what he wanted to hear. So she was an android, an android with a chip on her shoulder who was smart enough to see she was being trifled with. What filled his mind after that? Jealousy? Not really. It was sort of risible, that was true, but that in of itself held no import to him.

Even as 2B insulted him, Hazama maintained his same unflinching grin. His mind was cold, his thoughts ticking in sequence like the cogs of a clock. She finished rambling, and his expression was no different.

Ahh, but he supposed this was one of those 'opportunities' he'd heard so much about. Having made it himself, he did feel a certain obligation to use it. Could she be the key to unlocking his own personhood? Probably not, but maybe he'd learn just that much more about those illusive impulses fired in brains and mainframes not his own. Removing his hat, Hazama tried for a warmer smile than before-- would she be more irritated or assuaged? Probably the first, right? Perhaps the second?

An invisible chuckle. Only one way to find out. As 2B marched off to the horizon, Hazama snaked around her, slinking to her forward face.

"Sorry sorry! I know it was kind of rude of me to hold that sort of information back but...the well to do citizenry that stalk around the gardens this time of night are few and far between. You could have just as easily been a robber as myself. Even so! I do hope you can find it in me to forgive me for my rudeness, 2B."

Removing his hat, Hazama's head pooled with questions. What was her agenda? What exactly did her pod hope to accomplish? Who exactly programmed a being known by a numerical designation to be so blunt and impersonal? Gesturing forward, the good Captain presented the rest of the late-night Gardens to his automatonic counterpart while owls hooted in the distance and unseen worms toiled beneath the dirt.

"You know though, if you're looking for something, I just so happen to be head of investigations. Perhaps I could help you with this agenda of yours? If only to make up for a poor first impression..."

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 10:39 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

2B stops mid-step when Hazama sneaks in front of her with his hat off and a smile that is just too kind for comfort. So he prods and prods to the point of pushing someone away then tries to slink his way back and attempt to make amends? She’s not buying it. “You seem capable of going on even without my forgiveness.”

She tries to shake him off again by briskly picking up her pace, but stops short when she hears his offer to help him. Even with his power in the Intelligence Department, why would he offer something like that to her? Something stinks about his offer. Still, it could aide in her search for any other YoRHa units in Kadath…

Silence lingers between the two when Hazma gestures at the rest of the garden. It’s only broken on occasional by the owl’s quiet hoots. Sighing, 2B reluctantly glances back at Hazama, her lips a thin line. “You say it’s to make up your actions, but there’s something more that you want out of this, isn’t there? There’s no reason to hide it.” What would an Intelligence Captain want with her? There’s very little she can offer and the last thing she would want is to work as a soldier again.

Carrying on this conversation probably won't get her anywhere, but no matter what she does, it looks like he doesn't plan on letting her go anytime soon. Might as well give him what he wants (for the most part, at least).

PMEmail
^
Hazama
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 03:55 PM
True_Neutral
12 posts
??? years old
ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
Intelligence Captain
6" | 134 lbs
Blazblue
Hazama

user posted image
HAZAMA
"Dear me! Perhaps I could Miss 2B, but there's this little thing called empathy that I can't rightly ignore now can I?"

Sweeping around the android like a riptide, Captain Hazama stood cleanly in 2B's path, all the while professing kindness that simply wasn't there. Positioned neatly just out of her own personal space, his serpentine smile continued to dominate his face as he did the same to the conversation. It was 2B's turn to stonewall, and stonewall she did-- so much so that Hazama felt it was time to change tactics. It took sharp eyes to see through the good captain's veneer so directly. An impressive feat for a lady in a blindfold!

With a faux sigh and a calculated sway of false hesitation, Hazama pretended to relent, as if some measure of his facade was broken at 2B's latest blunt response.

"Goodness gracious...I suppose they make 'em pretty sharp where you're from? Aaah, oh well~! Yes yes, I do have something of a small ulterior motive, I admit. Would you mind entertaining it for a moment, Miss YorHA Model 2B?"

A hand reached into Hazama's coat pocket as danging silver chains twinkled in the stark light of the moon. With that same motion, he also revealed the rows of throwing knives hidden just out of casual view-- a silent threat that just as easily could have been a slip of the hand. The motion said two simple statements. Number one; 'I am armed'.

A dull click. Hazama held what looked like an unusual tape player in his hand, his smile unchanged from what it was when he had first spied 2B. Number two; she was being recorded.

"Captain Hazama's Log, interviewing YoRHa Unit 2B and associated Pod devicer, both highly advanced artificial intelligence, self designated as 'androids'. Miss 2B, would you be so kind assist me in gathering information on the nature of artificial consciousness through an open and earnest dialogue?"

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 10:54 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

The way he says her entire name leaves such an ickiness as it echoes out into the desolate flower field. She only hopes that she will never hear him utter it in that manner ever again after this interaction.

2B’s eyes narrow the moment her visor notifies her of the blades hidden in Hazama’s coat pocket. Despite that, she leaves her NFCS on hold, but Pod 042 moves closer to her side instead. Then, she sees a small device in his hand and watches him speak into it after she hears a small click. So, not only does he make a silent threat, he’s also taking extra measures to make sure she gives him what he wants. If she doesn’t comply, it’s certain that he’ll incriminate her.

Two can play at that game.

She listens to Hazama prattle into the device until he turns the spotlight on her and point it at her direction. Her lips remain flat until she her visor notifies her that Pod 042 commenced recording. Finally, 2B starts to speak, “Why are you so fixated on artificial intelligence and consciousness? You might want to move the focus on yourself and figure out your own humanity before trying to crack down on other beings.”

The android folds her arms and keeps a close eye on Hazama. His actions only continue to raise more red flags and it seems that a fight might be unavoidable at this point. Maybe that’s what he wants. Maybe the only way he can satiate his curiosity is to try and beat her in combat to try and gather his “data”. But what’s his purpose in doing so? What would he gain if he got the answers he wanted?

Human beings are strange in their own ways, but from what she's seen, he might be something far from that.

PMEmail
^
Hazama
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 11:56 PM
True_Neutral
12 posts
??? years old
ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
Intelligence Captain
6" | 134 lbs
Blazblue
Hazama

user posted image
HAZAMA
"Goodness. Answering a question with another question? That's rather rude..."

His voice rang with hurt that simply wasn't there, his fingers clicking down on his recording device as to keep Hazama's next bout of falsehood off the record. What could he gleam from this small rebellion of hers? An independence streak that at this point was completely obvious, perhaps a bit of disdain towards nosy humans, etc etc. No no, he was going to need more than that. Briefly, the thought of just dismantling her and bringing her back to base in pieces occurred to him before being dismissed as too unnecessary and bothersome. Hazama breathed false sigh before continuing the exchange.

"Please Miss 2B, let me be clear; you're not being cracked down on. In fact, there's nothing at all illegal or problematic about your artificial origins! I say they should even be celebrated when you think about it! However, while I'm certain there's nothing quite wrong with you Miss 2B, spread a thought to all those other...malfunctioning models. The ones who might not be too dissimilar from you, whose programming goes hog wild and start gunning down every poor defenseless human in sight...sounds pretty awful doesn't it?"

His hand at his hat, Hazama let his closed eyes meet with 2B's blindfold. What would she see such a gesture as? A show of confidence? An unspoken threat? Proof of his deception, or one of fifteen other outcomes Hazama kept churning in his own artificial head? Quietly, he wondered how different their thought processes were. Did she think starkly and mechanically, interpreting football fields worth of data every second that passed by? Or was she built organically for a reason, limited like him to the idle thoughts of a human, the kind that wouldn't be able to tell they weren't unless they were told?

"Though my questions might sound inane 2B, your responses could help humans with even the scantest details you could provide! You might even be able to help those, ahh, how should I put this...androids? Artificial life forms...? Regardless, you never know exactly what piece of information you could provide might be the last missing link to unlocking something important about AI. A way to interact with others in the future, aid those whose programming has malfunctioned, any number of things that would be beneficial for both humans and AI! I hope, with all those factors in mind 2B, you can at least understand where I'm coming from with all these trifling queries...right?"

His voice played all the right notes for an impassioned plea, but Hazama wondered if 2B's processes would dance to the tune. Honestly, these questions were nothing-- if she engaged with them great, but he could get just as much from how she responded to prodding as he could from gaining actual cooperation.

"And, by the way...I find the implication that I possess any inherent 'humanity' somewhat presumptuous! Don't you?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

a f f i l i a t e
RPG-D NickPicHost

TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay Those Among Us DBS Yuri Roleplay Sengoku Horizon F/BC All of Me ♥ BLEEDING EDGE DETHRONED GODS:RE Save Me STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kaleidoscope Avalon a Panfandom RP
skinned by lauz @ shine.