july 25th the first site wide event will launch after the AC! stay tuned for more details <3

july 25th july ac is live! [LINK] remember to post in the check to save your roster!

july 1st our second activity check is over! remember: if you lost a character in the activity check, you can reclaim them here: [LINK]

june 08 kadath now has a bestiary! [LINK] have a monster idea? add them!

june 07 new skin! please pm ysa with any noticeable issues

custom forum structure by black @ code. skin and sidebar by lauz @ shine. banner image by alex andreev. CODE TAG BY JAWN. mini profile by ree at shine. custom profile page by AKASHUIA at shine. original concept and the world of the kadath by KABAL.

Add Reply

Frame and Focus, [closed: 2B]
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: May 5 2017, 08:02 PM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

We're just a mess of moments That's adding up to where we are

"Black Box signal detected."

It had been several days since Pod had picked up on the reading.

With no overworld map to reference from, the helper robot couldn't obtain a specific location, and 9S had grown restless. He didn't know what to expect on the receiving end of that signal. Frankly, it sounded almost too good to be true. A2 and he had been the only surviving YoRHa units up until...that.

"...you sure you're not just glitching?"

"Negative. This Pod's scanner is functioning properly."

He tried not to think too hard about it as his searches turned up empty. He must have scaled a good portion of Upper Kadath, but the signal remained active and all that harder to ignore. If anything, the target must have been moving from place to place also.

--

Eventually, 9S’ on-going search brought him to the Iron Works. Factory fumes and car exhaust clung to this part of the metropolis, instilling it in a whitish haze. 9S was almost tempted to look elsewhere because, well. He couldn’t see anything in front of him anyway -- but a tiny spark of hope had spurred him on.

He searched the city like the ones before it, asking anyone he could stop on the street for some semblance of white hair, katana -- maybe a black oversuit. Still nothing.

Before he knew it, nightfall had arrived. Exhausted, 9S slumped on the sidewalk, where he'd stew in his continued frustration. It was his hard-wired neuroses to keep looking; he couldn't help it. He just...needed a minute.

Leaning back on the heels of his palms, 9S was thinking about, nothing in particular, when movement caught his periphery. He turned to look down the street, and found himself doing a double-take on the familiar edges of...9S Blinked behind his visor, just in case he was the one glitching. When the figure didn’t disappear, he stood up slowly, brows furrowing, mouth parting.

It...couldn't be.

”..."

--

YoRHa No.2 Type B | hope this is ok!

And you're the frame and focusThat's making sense of it so far
PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: May 10 2017, 01:45 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

At first, she couldn't believe it. She had nearly taken up another assignment until she heard Pod 042's sudden announcement:

"Alert: Black Box signal detected. Signal belongs to YoRHa Unit 9S."

The android only stood there, left dumbfounded at the news. It nearly took everything she had to keep calm, gently reject her client's work offer, and leave without sprinting off.

Could it be true? Was 9S really in Kadath with her? If so, is it the 9S she last saw when A2 killed her or... Is it a different 9S--one that didn't bear such cruel memories?

It doesn't matter. All she wanted now was to see him.

She searches all over Kadath, asking different passersby if they had a seen a young boy with a small machine similar to hers. Most shook their heads and told her to check elsewhere, others would only give her vague hints as to where they last saw him.

Her frustrations only grow when Pod 042 is unable to pinpoint an exact location.

---

2B stands outside the industrial plant and feels a sort of nostalgia surging inside her. The location was almost like the factory back on her Earth. She remembers when she rendezvoused with 9S during one of her missions and how he beamed with joy when he finally met up with her.

"I don't usually get a partner. It's kind of fun!

"9S..."

2B's hand balls into a tight fist as she turns and walks away from the building. There is no reason to go inside. 9S is elsewhere.

She passes by more factories and glances at the workers that come and go. What if this was all a trick? What if 9S wasn't really here? With YoRHa gone, she could finally apologize to him for everything, to atone for her actions... But will she ever get that chance?

Her visor notifies her of the Black Box signal once more, informing her that it was only several feet away. 2B breaks into a sprint down the street and makes a sharp turn at the alleyway. Right as she enters, she catches 9S standing from the ground and immediately stops.

2B stares at 9S for what seems like an eternity. She's unsure on what to say. Should she start with an apology, greet him by calling him "Nines", or pull him close for a hug? She wasn't sure why the last option came to mind, as it was something humans did when they reunited with someone they missed. Does she... Even have the right to do that?

"9S."

Slowly, she approaches him, closing the distance between them.

"I... I'm glad to see that you're okay."

i wonder... were the choices we made wrong?
PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: May 10 2017, 05:26 PM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

He'd hoped it'd be her. Who else did he want to see except her? But at the same time, a part of him dreaded it. What would happen if it was her? Would history repeat itself? Would they find themselves in a mission, where she'd have to eventually curl her fingers around his throat again? Would she stab him? Or would it be the other way around, like when he had to fight copies of of her in that tower?

No...he didn't even want to think about whose ghost he'd been chasing. It'd have forced him to further think about what he had to do when they did cross. Now he couldn't even move, even though she was coming forward. She sounded the same as he'd remembered. It reminded him of how much he'd missed her. It reminded him of how meaningless life had become without her.

"2...2B."

He forced his body to move. A little alert box popped up in his field of vision telling him that his pulse rate was rising to unnatural levels. 9S didn't care. He tore away his visor and let it fall to the ground. Unlike 2B, he didn't have what it took to stay composed. He never really did.

"...2B!"

His steps broke out into a full run as he covered the rest of the distance. he colided into the other android, clinging tightly to her frame, and he stayed against her like that, breaking into sobs, which eventually turned into wails. She'd never know how much he'd missed her. She'd never know.

--

YoRHa No.2 Type B | b y e

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: May 12 2017, 01:53 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

In a blink of an eye, 2B watches 9S' visor float down to the ground as he dashes towards her, then stiffens when throws himself on to her. She feels his arms wrap around her with everything he could muster, as though she would disappear if he didn't. 2B stays silent as 9S cries, uncertain on what she should do. She wanted to comfort him, to tussle his hair and tell him that everything was going to be okay.

But she doesn't deserve this kind of affection from him. Not after everything she's done.

She moves her hand over to her visor and slips it off her eyes, allowing it to slink to her shoes. Hesitantly, she reaches for 9S and holds him in her arms, trying her hardest to hold back her tears. "9S... I... I'm so sorry. For everything."

A reminder comes to mind: Emotions are prohibited. It was a rule she followed since her creation. She didn't care anymore. There was no reason to hide her feelings anymore.

I killed you over and over and over. I took your memories from you. I know it hurt so much... But please believe that your pain was mine to bear as well.

"If you hate me... I understand."

2B waits. She waits for the order from Command to remind her of her duties. She waits for Pod 153 to tell her terminate 9S. Seconds turn to minutes... And she receives nothing. It is both relieving and ailing. Without YoRHa, she doesn't have to abide by the cruelty of killing 9S over and over again. Yet, YoRHa's destruction served as a reminder that she and 9S no longer have a purpose.

Does this mean that they are allowed to create their own purpose? Can androids even have a 'purpose' outside of why they were created?

"9S," 2B glances up at the clouded sky above them and stays quiet for a moment before continuing, "...What do we do now? What can we do?"

i wonder... were the choices we made wrong?
PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: May 13 2017, 12:20 AM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

He wished he could say he forgave her, but -- he couldn't. He remembered too much of what he shouldn't have. All those times when he'd met her, fell in love with her...was killed by her. He'd tried to push the latter memories away, but they always came back stronger, sieving through his circuits like electric blades.

Since then, there would be times during which he'd be confined to a fetal position, his mind endlessly replaying times when they'd fought together, then turned against each other. Times when the logic-virus had driven him to a frenzy and she was left with no choice but to end him. Times when he'd just...give up, stand there, and let her get it over with.

9S had wondered, more than once, if a part of him was a little too eager to kill those copies of her. If maybe, he was somehow getting back at her for all those years she'd spent killing him.

So when she apologized, 9S could only pull closer into her, his body convulsing with the force of his sobs. How was it even possible to both love and hate someone to this extent? These two polar entities would just have to keep living on inside of him, nipping at each other's heels every time he'd see her face. Still, it would never change how much he needed and craved 2B.

His breathing had leveled some by the time 2B's voice once again vibrated through her chest. Pulling back to mop at his eyes, 9S saw her watching the sky, then did the same. That's right -- Command hasn't called in. There was no mission. No purpose. He found himself strangely numb to that. Maybe he was just too sick of the war to even care anymore. But for 2B, YoRHa must have been all she'd stood for.

"...I don't know," 9S said honestly. He was just as lost as she was. However, during the time he's been here, aimless as he was, there was always something here to keep him on his feet. 9S loved exploring this strange new world. Maybe it appealed to him because of his inquisitive model type. But as an ex...different model type, it probably wasn't 2B's cup of tea.

9S shook his head to stop the thinking. He didn't like where those thoughts were taking him. "...But, this is where we are," he continued, taking one of 2B's hands in his as he carefully chose his next words, "I mean...is there anything wrong with just...I dunno...making a new purpose?"

--

YoRHa No.2 Type B

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: May 19 2017, 02:21 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

She feels 9S’ fingers intertwine between hers as he consoles her. The warmth of his hand with hers is soothing, almost enough to dispel her concerns and doubts. There is nothing wrong with creating a new reason to live. However, she didn’t feel worthy of a second chance, to cast aside her role as an Executioner model and start anew. All of it is programmed into her until the day she dies.

2B closes her eyes and brings 9S’ hand to her face, pressing it against her cheek. “As long as I can make a new purpose with you by my side… That’s all I want.” Tears finally start to trickle from the corners of her eyes and stream down her cheeks. Despite the failure and tragedies, she was happy. Awakening in this world, reuniting with 9S, all of this was a chance at redemption. With YoRHa gone, she no longer had to assassinate 9S or hide her feelings.

She’s free.

“Nines… Will you stay with me?”

Her voice trembles as she tries to conceal her quivering lips with a small smile. She looks straight into 9S’ eyes. She had only seen his eyes on a handful of occasions. She had gotten so used to seeing his eyes bright red from being infected from the Logic Virus that she nearly forgot how vibrant and soothing they were in their original light blue color.

2B lets out a soft laugh as she reaches out to caress his face with her fingers. “We can finally go shopping together, like you said.”

Then, she falls silent and gently pulls 9S back into her arms. She could only imagine what he went through after he saw her die. It must have been so awful. And knowing 9S, there must have been so much anger that just burst out of him. “9S… Please don’t hate A2 for killing me.” She tries to choose her words carefully, anticipating his body stiffen or to just pull away from her altogether. “If she didn’t, I would have been consumed entirely by the Logic Virus. Then, I would’ve ended up…”

If watching her die was heartbreaking, then killing her by his own hand would have destroyed him. The thought of it alone is enough to make her own heart sink.

She tightens her embrace and lays her face against the top of 9S’ head, “But I’m here now. And I don’t want to leave you ever again. You are my new purpose.”

Even so, I continued on by his side...
PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: May 22 2017, 07:47 AM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

Nines and will you stay with me. These were the words that he'd been meaning to hear all this time. Now she was saying them, and 9S couldn't even make himself say anything back. Every time he tried at his voice, sobs threatened to tumble out. The tears continued their stream as he framed her face in his hands, thumbs fondly brushing over her high cheeks. "2B, I...I--!"

I'm so happy.

This...really was a new beginning, wasn't it? Maybe it was okay to stop straining against denial now. The world was solid and real under his feet, after all, and the future held so many unspoken promises. His high-end brain ran countless possibilities on what they could do with their new lives. They could walk together side by side, hand in hand, the same unit in two bodies. They could sit by the technicolor sea and bask in the (peace) of a waning sunset. And yes -- they could go shopping, and he could get her -- he didn't know...a shirt, or something, and life will continue to roll happily from there.

9S was helpless in her embrace. Every thought melted as his body fitted into hers like a two-piece jigsaw puzzle. He breathed pleasantly, resting his cheek against the junction between her neck and shoulder...He didn't expect the reverie to break so suddenly at the mention of A2. His shoulders became granite, jaws clenching as his mind went back to the sword that impaled his one and only, shearing flesh, snapping sinew and spilling blood.

It was a good thing she couldn't see his face now. She shouldn't have to see what pure hatred looked like on him.

He...knew why she had to die. But that didn't make it hurt any less. It still meant that the most important thing to him was being ripped away right before his very eyes. 9S had hope. He hoped that he could be the one to save her, to cull the virus with the expertise only a high-end scanner like him possessed. He'd wanted to try, at the very least. A2 had deprived him of that. 9S Exhaled sharply against the warm leather and closed his eyes, mentally willing those thoughts away. They didn't belong here, between them, and neither did A2.

If there was anything his emotional response to the flashbacks told him, it was that the past was still going to catch up to and encroach him at random. It would be a long time before he came to terms with these vicious memories -- but for 2B's sake, he was willing to try and get better.

His body slackened again, hands holding her delicately instead of in the severe way they did when she mentioned A2. "There's no one else I want to be with," 9S muttered into her collarbone. He remembered the small grave mark he'd left in the garden of lunar tears, and the promise he'd made just before leaving. I'll be joining you before long.

"...My life is meaningless without you."

--

It must have easily been hours before 9S moved again. Pod hadn't said anything throughout the interaction. Nowadays, she was always blending in with the rest of the scenery, only making herself known when something important had to be addressed. When he finally dislodged himself from 2B, the exhaustion of the journey had caught up to him. He'd been neglecting Pod's suggestions, (and later orders) on getting sleep and maintenance in favor of searching and searching and searching. Now he was feeling the repercussions in the way his vision flickered and the inner pistons of his limbs creaked and clicked uncomfortably.

But it wasn't just physical exhaustion that had worn him down. It was also mental. He was no doubt still reeling from 2B's presence. It left him processing so many things at once, to the point of information overload. Restless, 9S picked up 2B's hand again, his thumb running back-and forth along the knuckles. He looked up at her beautiful pale eyes, trying to smile, though it must have come out as more of a grimace. "...I'm...kind of," he hesitated, searching his database for the right word, "...anxious. About everything. Like...I -- don't know where to start, or how to. Is -- is that...?"

...normal?

--

YoRHa No.2 Type B

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: May 22 2017, 11:39 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

The intense hatred that she senses when she feels 9S’ posture harden nearly frightens her. She had witnessed this kind of emotion only when he was overcome with the Logic Virus, but to see it now was… Concerning. What else happened after A2 killed her? As much as she wanted to ask, she knew that it would be best to save it for another time. 2B then feels 9S’ body relax against hers as he muttered sweet nothings against her chest. Her companion later falls silent and continues to stay close to 2B.

After some time, 9S began to move again and gives some distance between him and 2B. She’s quickly alarmed by the clicks and snaps that come from his body. This subsequently causes the android to frown, leaving her to wonder just how badly 9S had neglected to care for himself. She watches as he takes her hand again, following his thumb as it glides over her knuckles. Then, she sees a small smile spread across his lips, though it lasts for only a second.

She listens as he voices his feelings to her and stops cups her hands over his. She stays quiet before responding, thinking on how to answer. She understands, she shares his exact sentiments. Despite the happiness she shared with him only moments ago, uncertainty and fear continues to creep around her, threatening to tear away the newfound hope they had barely achieved. Will all of this ultimately end with her killing 9S or… Will it be the other way around this time?

2B tries to get rid of those thoughts by giving a small shake of her head. Then, she lets out a soft sigh and leads 9S by the hand towards the wall nearby and helps him sit against it. She tries not to wince as she hears those creaks and pops that come from his limbs. Once she sits beside him, she inches closer to him and props his head against her shoulder. “It’s strange, isn’t it?” she asks as she brushes back stray strands of his hair. “We’re so used to receiving orders, to being told what to do and given a path to follow. Now that there’s no one to guide us, we have to decide what we do next.” The responsibilities of their own actions weigh heavier than ever.

Here, there was no Bunker. There was no way for them to upload their data or have a back-up. Their only means of survival was with the help of their Pods and even with that they can only do so much. Would they be able to create the resources that they need in order to survive in this world?

“You shouldn’t be afraid, 9S,” 2B moves her hand from 9S head and gently lays her head against his. “I understand it’s… Something different. But we have each other. As long as we’re together, there’s nothing that can get in our way.” She looks up at the Pods that continue to float close to them then glances down at 9S’ hands. “9S… When was the last time you conducted maintenance? If we don’t act soon, then…”

Then… You’ll…

Even so, I continued on by his side...
PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: May 23 2017, 06:09 AM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

9S didn't protest when lead to rest against the wall. He no longer had a reason to skirt the limits of his body. Reveling in 2B's gentle ministrations, he ran a quick internal diagnostic and frowned when it came back with a number of errors, some of them having to do with his hardware. 9S sighed. Having the bunker meant everything would be fixed in an instant, but now, what could have taken 5 minutes to repair could easily take hours.

It made 2B's words all that more substantial. "Yeah," 9S said quietly. "I guess we were spoiled for so long that we didn't need to worry about having an internal compass. Being independent is...hard." He admitted, remembering his first few days in Kadath. The culture shock coupled with the blaring sense of nonbelonging had nearly driven him mad. It was a blessing that Pod made it here with him; without her occasional nudge in the right direction, he'd have probably wandered without aim until he wasted away. 9S knew that the least he owed his helper robot was to take her responsibility of him a little more seriously, but the thing is, he'd been spoiled by her too.

Feeling the reassuring weight of 2B's head against his, 9S offered a tiny nod. One way or another, they were going to survive -- thrive, even. All 9S needed was 2B's reassuring presence by his side and a solid path to walk in. But...then he'd actually need to be able to walk. 2B's question regarding his maintenance reminded him that he didn't have much walk in him left at the moment.

"It's...been a while, actually" the ex-soldier admitted, looking guilty. 153 said nothing, but he could feel her visual sensors pinning him with a judgmental look. "But, not yet. Not here, I mean." While resting here gave his overworked framework a well-needed break, he wasn't about to shut down in the middle of the street and leave 2B to fend for the both them in a strange, potentially dangerous town. Not to mention how uncomfortable it was compared to an actual bed, like in his old room at the bunker or at Anemone's camp.

sitting up and relieving 2B of his weight to show that he was still capable of moving, 9S spoke up again, "Let's find a place to rest for the night, 2B?"

--

YoRHa No.2 Type B

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 05:13 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

2B’s brows furrow at 9S’ response. A while could mean… Anything. She knew he wouldn’t give her the specifics, but from the looks of it, he’s probably gone without maintenance since he arrived at Kadath. Maybe even longer than that. She watches as 9S lifts himself back on his feet and quickly follows suit. She glances around their surroundings once more, wondering if she should retrace her steps to find somewhere to stay or to start from a completely new path. She slips her hand into 9S’ and squeezes it gently. “Stay close, 9S. And please… Don’t push yourself too hard.”

With that said, the two start to walk out of the alleyway and back into the main streets of the Iron Works. They’re met by curious glances from passerby and only deter their attention once 2B glares at their direction. As they continue to walk hand-in-hand, she looks up at the Pods and asks for them to search for nearby rest areas.

Pod 042 is the first to speak up. “Area detected approximately 3 meters from current position.”

“All right,” 2B lets go of 9S hand and puts his arm over her shoulder. “Are you getting tired, 9S? Don’t worry, we’re almost there.” They resume their journey, taking their time with each step. 2B would glance over at 9S on occasion to see if he was still awake. She later tries to fill the silence, “9S, is there anything that you’ve done since coming to Kadath?”

All she’s done is assume the role of a mercenary in order to take on missions. At first, didn’t want to admit the reasons for doing so, but in reality, it was something to fill in the emptiness that lingered after YoRHa’s destruction. It was a meaningless effort, but it worked as a distraction at the time.

The two stop walking once they reach their destination. Before them is a decrepit building with a ruined sign barely reading ‘Hotel’. The door barely hangs on from its hinges, creaking slowly back and forth. 2B looks over at Pod 042 then at 9S. “Is this… Okay with you?”

even so... i continued on by his side
PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 09:32 AM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

9S stayed close throughout the walk. He mostly kept quiet because he was still gauging his feelings, and also because his exhaustion made it a mental strain to think up something to say. But that said, any moment spent in 2B's company was valuable, with words or without.

He felt a little flimsy for being virtually useless in this situation. 2B was delicate and attentive in her care to him, uncaring of (and sometimes challenging) the looks they received from public eyes. 9S wished he could have been the one to look out for her well-being instead. How was she coping with the magnitude of their reunion? Were her systems up to scratch? Was she keeping up with maintenance?  He supposed there'd be time question these things when he wasn't feeling like a poorly-oiled machine. The best he could do now was put one foot in front of the other and hope he didn't have to eat ground anytime soon (though with 2B securing him, he doubted that was likely anyway).

2B's question took him back to his slow start in Kadath. Bleary-eyed and aimless, he'd been trying to gather scraps of a purpose in this giant island. The only thing that made sense was to provide his services to humans. Essentially, the more useful he was, the better.

"Well...At the beginning, I just wanted to study everything there was to study here. The places, buildings, the people...but it wasn't enough." 9S' brows furrowed. "I guess...I wanted to be more useful. Gathering data means nothing if you're not gonna be sharing it with someone, after all. So I joined an organization specializing in information-gathering." 9S allowed a reassuring smile. "They're not bad people. I think they're trying to do good, even if I don't understand their vision. Humans are strange creatures."

--

It wasn't long until they came across the weathered bricks and twitchy neon lights that made up the building they'd be staying in for the night. Well, the place certainly looked lived-in...or died-in? But not even the idea of an eroded hotel was going to deter 9S from wanting to bury his face in a pillow. He gave 2B a nod. "It's more than okay."

The hotel owner was an elderly lady with a squinty look and a seemingly permanent frown. She didn't say much, but she did give them the key to the only available room and shooed them upstairs.

The room door opened to reveal a small room with dim lighting. There were two beds lined up on either side of a small night stand, and a dresser (probably for extra towels and sheets) against the opposite wall. It was much better than what 9S expected.

"Home sweet home," 9S sighed, easing down to sit on one of the beds. He looked up at 2B with a head-tilt and a smile. She'd probably insist that he rested first, but he still decided to ask anyway. "So, what about you, 2B? What've you been up to?"

--

YoRHa No.2 Type B

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 07:02 PM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

Despite 9S’ affirmation, 2B momentarily hesitates before heading inside the ragged hotel. She gently pushes the door open and helps lead 9S inside first before following suit. The door’s squeak signals their arrival to the owner, whose frown seemed to worse the moment she sets eyes on them. 2B gives a soft greeting and asks if she and 9S could stay the night. The owner then hands her the keys without a word and goes back to her office.

Sighing, 2B glances back at 9S and gives a light shrug before helping him up the stairs. When they enter their room, 2B is slightly surprised by its appearance. It’s quaint with two beds divided by a nightstand with a dim lamp flickering at times. It reminded her of the spare room Anemone gave them back at the Resistance Camp.

She watches 9S slowly walk over to the bed closest to them to sit down. Before she could tell him to lie against the pillow, he asks her what she’s been doing since coming to Kadath. 2B briefly stays silent as she sits beside 9S, recalling what he had told her earlier. He said he was learning more about the world they were in and joined an organization where he could contribute his findings. Truthfully, it left a pit in her stomach, but she trusted him. He can take care of himself.

“I… Haven’t done much. All I’ve been doing is wandering around, trying to get a better idea of this world.” She wasn’t a Scanner Unit, but with Pod 042, she was able to manage well on her own. “I did some mercenary work here and there to get some currency. After all, the shops here don’t take machine parts unless it’s for scrap.” She gives a small laugh at her poor joke before continuing, “My main priority was looking for you, A2, the Commander… Any of our fellow YoRHa comrades.”

After fighting alongside 9S for so long, it was difficult to deal with the lingering sentiment of isolation prior to reuniting with him.

2B gives a small shake of her head, “It isn’t important. What’s important now is that you get proper rest. We can talk more and conduct maintenance later."

PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 10:43 AM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

2B cracking a joke is just about the most surreal thing, next to her beauiful smile. She didn't do the latter very often, but every time 9S saw traces of it, it made his core flutter.

There was something just...sad about 2B saying she was looking for YoRHa. It reminded 9S of her unwavering loyalty to that untold lie. 9S' chest tightened and his smile almost wavered. But he managed to shake it off when 2B instructed him to lie down. "...But I wanna learn more about you," 9S protested, but he lay down anyway. The weight behind his eyelids was unfair. He didn't even want that to take him away from 2B.

Laying flat on his back, 9S watched her through half-lidded eyes. There was so much he wanted to tell her, but was conflicted. Should he keep comforting her with those lies? Or hope she can be strengthened by the truth? Was that even a call for him to make?

"....You found me, so maybe there's hope," he said quietly. "I'll help you look for everyone, 2B...I'll go anywhere with you."

He reached to take her hand if she'd give it to him, and squeezed it reassuringly. After that, he let sleep take him easily.

--

A nightmare bit down on him hard this particular night. 2B and him had been heading on some recon mission in machine territory, but dread seemed to pick up out of nowhere when 9S noted the lack of Machines in the area. When he glanced beside him, 2B was no longer walking with him. In his periphery, he could see that she had shifted behind him like a shadow.

By the time he turned around, that dread had manifested in the form of a sword jammed through his rib-cage.

He woke up with a gasp. The rest of his panic slowly subsided when he realized that he was in his room, and that it had just been a dream. But the fear still tremored unpleasantly behind his ribcage, and the image of 2B's clinical expression as she impaled him was still plastered in his thought process.

He glanced across at the 2B lying on the other bed. She seemed to be sleeping restfully. That was good. 9S, on the other hand, didn't think he'd be able to sleep again tonight. Ignoring the neon 3:13am glow on the night-stand, he sat on the edge of the bed to calm down and figure out what to do now. He could take a walk to defuse some of that anxious energy, but it was still dark out and he didn't want to chance leaving 2B on her own. Leaving her was the last thing he wanted, in fact.

2B... He didn't think he'd be having nightmares again when her touches were so gentle and her voice was soothing like a spring breeze. He didn't want anything to get between them -- but if the fires of fear and hatred still lingering within him were being rekindled by her presence, then...

He slowly left his bed and sat on the edge of 2B's bed, hoping to feel comforted by the serene state of her sleeping face. He smiled wryly when the images of A2 surfaced instead. They plucked at his emotions with sharp nails for every feature she and 2B seemed to share, even down to the beauty tic.

He didn’t know when exactly he’d reactivated his NFCS, but his sword was now in his hands. In quiet movements, he climbed onto the bed and carefully straddled 2B’s midsection. Looking down on her through his clouded conscience, he poised the sword just against her jugular, and stayed like that, gauging the feelings that came with the action.

@[YoRHa No. 2 Type B] | heh

PM
^
YoRHa No.2 Type B
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 12:05 AM
Lawful_Neutral
28 posts
unknown years old
android
Mercenary
5'5" | 328 lbs
nier automata
YoRHa No.2 Type B

N/A

“…But I wanna learn more about you.

His protest renders her speechless. She understood the sentiment, but… Opening up to someone was still something new. She was used to keeping her emotions locked away and keeping her distance for so long. Now that she has the chance to change that, admittedly, it frightens her. Once he lays down, 2B slips the blankets over him and stops short when she feels his hand squeeze against hers.

“I’ll help you look for everyone, 2B… I’ll go anywhere with you.”

2B lowers her head and looks at 9S, tightening her grip on his hand as she watches him drift off to sleep. Slowly, she releases his hand and gently moves it underneath the blanket. Then, she quietly walks back to her bed, lays down, and keeps her eyes up at the ceiling. She doesn’t try to wipe off the tears that stream down her face and on to the pillow.

She goes to sleep with a smile.

In her dream, they’re in the Flooded City, casting their Pods out into the sea in hopes of catching fish. They had completed their mission for the day and had plenty of time left before they had to head back to the Bunker. 9S manages to catch a Koi Carp while she only catches a tiny Water Flea. 9S then catches a Starfish and his face is beaming with the utmost pride and happiness when Pod 153 drops it into his hands.

“2B, look! I think it likes me!”

He starts to tell her so much about the starfish as it wriggles in his hands, his smile growing bigger and bigger the more he talks. She praises him for his knowledge in marine life and says that it was time to go back to the Bunker. As she starts to walk back to the Transporter, 9S calls out, saying that he would catch up with her soon.

Once she reaches the Transporter, she stands against it, glancing back to try and spot 9S. When she turns away from the sea, she sees 9S standing before her, nearly startling her. “Oh, 9S, I didn’t see—”

The next thing she knew, the sharp tip of Cruel Oath was only inches away from her face.

2B’s eyes gently flutter awake, barely making out the blurred figure before her. As her vision began to clear, she sees 9S’ vacant expression and Cruel Oath pointed right at her jugular. Fear instantly overwhelms her as she trembles underneath his blade. “Ni—9S, why are you—”

She wasn’t sure what to do. She didn’t want to push him off her or attempt to fight him off. She didn’t want to kill him. She couldn’t bear to do that again. She keeps her eyes on his, the glimmer she had seen during their reunion snuffed out by animosity. Then, she reaches out to touch his cheek, barely brushing against it with her fingertips. “If this… If this is what you want, I won’t stop you.”

I… I deserve it, after all.

PMEmail
^
Yorha No.9 Type S
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 05:26 AM
Chaotic_Good
31 posts
2 years old
Android
Intelligence Officer
5'2 | 280 lb
Near a Tomato
Yorha No.9 Type S

N/A

Every process in his body responded positively to what he was doing. It made 9S' stomach sink, knowing that he was capable of killing her, and capable of liking every minute of it. All it’d take was a swipe, and he’d be bathing in the warmth of her blood, watching in fascination as the light left her eyes. Then once that was done, all these feelings would finally cease and leave him blissfully numb.

When she opened her eyes, it caught him off guard, but not enough to pull away. Looking into them was painful. It was like his own actions were staring back at him, and all he could feel was deep shame.

And she'd called him 9S.

The thought of 2B closing herself off again left a bitter taste in his mouth. If she turned her back on him, he wouldn’t know what to do. He needed her attention and he craved her touch, and without those things, he had no real reason to see meaning in the world. It would be like the world taking her away again. It would be… like being alone again.

Although his grip on the sword began shaking slightly, he still couldn't lower the weapon. "why….why am I like this, 2B?" he asked quietly, his voice trembling.

YoRHa No.2 Type B

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

a f f i l i a t e
RPG-D NickPicHost

TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay Those Among Us DBS Yuri Roleplay Sengoku Horizon F/BC All of Me ♥ DETHRONED GODS:RE Save Me STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kaleidoscope Avalon a Panfandom RP Mystic Mayhem
skinned by lauz @ shine.