july 25th the first site wide event will launch after the AC! stay tuned for more details <3

july 25th july ac is live! [LINK] remember to post in the check to save your roster!

july 1st our second activity check is over! remember: if you lost a character in the activity check, you can reclaim them here: [LINK]

june 08 kadath now has a bestiary! [LINK] have a monster idea? add them!

june 07 new skin! please pm ysa with any noticeable issues

custom forum structure by black @ code. skin and sidebar by lauz @ shine. banner image by alex andreev. CODE TAG BY JAWN. mini profile by ree at shine. custom profile page by AKASHUIA at shine. original concept and the world of the kadath by KABAL.

Closed

Taking the Subs, Open
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 03:49 PM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

(Take's place shortly after "The Lost Key")

Paula had heard about a boarding school that she can stay for awhile on the upper levels of Kadath and get a good decent education from it after spending all of her school years at her parent's preschool being lectured by their controlling and very watchful eyes. To Paula's slight delight she won't have to see for awhile now that she's in Kadath, all she has to do to get to the school now is to take a train. After she bought a ticket Paula headed into the subway to wait for the train that will take her to the upper levels of Kadath.

Once it appeared, Paula got up from the blue seat she was sitting on as she began to approach the train. However, she soon realized her bow was missing, or more so stuck in between another chair that was just beside the one she was sitting on.

"Oh Fuzzy Pickles, not now!" Paula panicked as she tried to pull the bow out from between the two chairs, unfortunately, it won't budge. She quickly summoned some ice which made the bow quickly slip through the chair but cause Paula to stumble into the train and fall on the floor. She watched as the door in front of her closed and the train began to move towards its next destination.

Paula breathed heavily, still on the ground inside the train as she looked back at her bow, which had a slight rip on it.

"Aww man, It's going to take awhile to sew this back again." Paula sounded disappointed when she said that.
PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 07:06 AM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

Machika had been on airships, on boats, on motorcycles, and even on trains before, the later being the closest she had come to a subway. But never had she been required to navigate her own route. When the destination wasn't set or simply singular, she had Rain to let her know when it was time to go. Or, more frequently than that, someone forcing them off early at gunpoint. Without notcing, Machika lifts a hand to the old wound in her shoulder, the one that had toppled her off the airborne prison. That was the first time she had ever seen snow.

She shakes her head, eyes clicking back into focus as she studies the map she was standing in front of. One arm braced on the seat Kiki was curled into, snacking happily on surprising hard to find cat meat in Kadath. "It's yummy, yummy. Oh, oh, thank you Machika!" Machika smiles absentmindedly, trying to make sense of the colored lines on the board in front of her. What had supposed to be a short trip had nearly tripled. Not only had her and Kiki wandered the Blacklight district for longer than they probably should have, they had immediately missed their stop in Upper Kadath and had to ride the subway all the way back around again.

But now she wasn't quite sure where they were.

She glances up as the subway slows, leaning to look out the window. A blue marker on the wall. "Okay, that's," her finger trailed over the map. "Here, so." Her face scrunches up, tracing the circle of the system as she counts the stops. One, two --

Thunk.

Machika and Kiki look in unison, Machika blinking two eyes, Kiki blinking three as they settle on a girl that had obviously tripped on her entry into the cart. Fuzzy. Pickles? Machika looks between the map and the girl before she pulls her hand away. Patting Kiki's head, she slides down the car to approach the girl. She hops onto a seat near the girl, crouching instead of sitting, and crosses her arms over her knees."Hey, um, are you okay?"

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 08:56 AM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

Machika Balfaltin

As Paula groaned at looking at her bow, someone sat near her and asked the girl if she was ok. "Huh?" Paula turned to see Machika sitting on a seat near Paula, looking curious as to weather the girl was ok or not. Paula quickly put her ripped bow back on her hand and quickly got up, holding her ticket on her left hand and using her right to wipe dust off of her pink dress. "Oh, i'm doing fine. Although my bow is a little bit ripped." Paula answered Machika's question, sounding a bit gloomy as she pointed to her ripped bow at the girl as she soon sat beside her, sighing in exhaustion.

"It got stuck in between seats just outside this train, I would of missed it had I not used some ice to pull it out." Paula explained. "Also I did some running before I got here." Paula also revealed before turning towards Machika, looking a bit energised again. "I'm Paula by the way, Paula Polestar." She smiled at Machika as she waited for the girl to introduce herself, if she wanted to. She soon noticed a cat at the end of the cart and slowly looked towards it...A cat which had three eyes.

"Huh, is that a kitty?" Paula asked Machika before gasping upon noticing Kiki's eyes.

"It has...Three eyes?"
PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 09:16 AM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

Her eyes flickered up to the bow in question. It was, in fact, ripped. She doesn’t understand everything Paula says – how would you use ice to get a bow loose? – and having been studying the map, she hadn’t seen what she'd done. Machika lets the thought go as Paula introduces herself. Her arms shift, hands gripping her knees as she straightens her back. “Machika Balfaltin,” she replies cheerfully, returning the smile.

It falters a little when Paula's attention flickers to Kiki. Anxiety grips her for a moment: Paula wouldn’t be the first person to react poorly to Kiki who was, it seemed, very strange to most people in Kadath. But Paula doesn’t yell and, better yet, doesn’t draw a weapon. “Uhh.” Machika laughs, a little awkwardly. “I’m not sure what he is really. An Angel, I think but. His name is Kiki!” She offers instead, watching the animal lick its chops. Lick them clean of cat meat. She didn’t mention it; happy Kiki had already finished his treat so the question wouldn’t come up. Hopefully not a cat considering his appetite.

Addressed, Kiki bounds off the seat he was curled on to pounce up beside Machika. He trains the eyes in question on Paula, tail curling happily. “Yes, three. I have three!” It’s voice is still guttural, a little rough around the edges but the words are clear. In it was a sense of pride, as if it was very noble for having three eyes instead of two. It was, at least, a popular point of conversation.

Machika grins, lifting her hands. “Also, he can talk?” Hopefully that wouldn't be too much of a shock for the girl.

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 07:23 AM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

Machika Balfaltin

Paula listened to Machika as she introduced herself. She was still sad about her bow but at least she was making another new friend in this odd world. "Machika, what a cute foreign name." Paula addressed how foreign Machika's name was. Out of all three countries she been to in her world she never heard a name like Machika's before, then again the people she met were from differint worlds and Machika seemed no different, though, with a cat like Kiki, Paula is thinking that Machika's world is similar to hers in terms of oddness.

Speaking of Kiki, Machika told Paula that he was an angel...Probably, and told her his name. "An angel cat named Kiki?" Paula said, looking surprised, before smiling. "That's so cool, I became an angel once." Paula revealed. "Well, I was more like a ghost that looked like an angel. Of course, I was revived but my friends had to pay 200 dollars to a doctor to make it happen." Paula added to what she said before sighing. "My country's going through a hard budget crisis right now." She lamented before clapping her hands and looking back at Machika.

"But hopefully when I eventually get back there it will be over." Paula beamed before watching Kiki walk towards the girls to point out that yes he does have three eyes, however, Paula did not seem to care that Kiki had three eyes anymore, she was more surprised that he can talk and she wasn't using her telepathy this time to talk to him. Well, he is magical, and possibly an angel so Paula shouldn't have been surprised there.

"Cool, you can talk!" Paula spoke cheerfully as she petted bent down from her seat and petted Kiki before turning back towards Machika after petting the cat thing. "So was it one of those things where you had to hide Kiki from your friends and relatives or did they already know?" Paula asked her new friend, bending down to pet Kiki again and making sure she doesn't poke one of his eyes by accident.
PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 02:33 PM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

Foreign? Oh, right. Machika nods a little, taking the compliment as well as she could. Was her name funny? She didn't know. But she supposed she'd met a few people with names that were hard for her to say. Fortunately, Paula was not one of them. It rolled off the tongue as easily as her own, as Kiki's. She reaches over to scratch Kiki's ears, pleased with both of them. Paula for taking the Angel in stride, and Kiki for being less tense than he had been since arriving in Kadath. Perhaps the cat meat had helped.

'I became an angel once.'

She freezes. A coldness spreads through her gut and tightens around her throat. "You." She breaks off to swallow the shiver in her voice. "Were an Angel?" Her eyes flicker over Paula, as if studying her for the first time. No, she couldn't be. Machika's knuckles are white from the sudden grip she had on her knees. Outside of Kiki, the only Angels Machika knew of were awful. Monstrosities. Lumbering, terrible weapons created from Yuca's desire to end the world. And it was an Angel that crushed Rain's heart right in front of her, pushed it out of his chest and --.

Jerking out of her own memories, Machika inhales sharply, blinking a sudden gloss out of her eyes. She wets her lips, mouth suddenly dry, and closes her eyes to smile, to give her a second to compose herself. "What are. They like where you come from?" She shakes her head suddenly. "Why did your friends have to pay for you? I don't. Understand."

She shouldn't have asked, shouldn't have lingered on the subject so she pushes away from it, trying to recall anything else Paula had offered. A question about her family. She lifts a hand, itching her cheek. "Not exactly. My grandfather died a year ago and. He was all the family I had." Until Rain but now ... "But. It's okay!" She added suddenly, lowering her hand. "Kiki and I can keep each other safe."

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 04:06 PM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

Paula looked at Machika's reaction to her saying that she was an angel once. She seemed a little shocked and a bit afraid over the revelation. "Um, are you, shocked about what I said?" Paula asked Machika about what she just said about being an angel, which Machika countered by asking Paula questions, like what was death like and how she didn't pay to revive herself in the hospital. "Oh, well funny story about the hospital part. They have this no supernatural rule where ghosts and other such stuff can't pay for medical attention. Also being dead is surprisingly boring, all you do is follow people around until you either pass into the afterlife or go back into your body once it looks better." Paula revealed about the struggles with being dead, she is surprisingly calm and even sounded annoyed when she talked about such a dark subject.

Machika then revealed that her grandfather died awhile ago and that she was the only family she had, surprising Paula. "Oh dear, i'm so sorry. I knew I shouldn't have asked such a question." Paula felt bad now and looked quite sad about what she did. She then turned towards Kiki. "Well, it's good to know you have a friend that came with you in this world." Paula said, sounding a bit cheerful in her tone of voice knowing that Machika was not lonely when she came to Kadath.

Unlike her...

"Unlike me, I only came with a basket of muffins." Paula thought to herself, before looking around, curious as to weather she, Machika and Kiki were the only three in this carriage. She turned back towards Machika. "Are we the only three here?" Paula asked.

Machika Balfaltin
PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 08:09 AM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

While she had been the one that asked, Machika was not prepared for Paula's answer. She stared, this time not in a semblance of fear but just in bafflement. It elicited a thousand questions. Ghosts? She died? Was dead? Came back? Was she like Yuca? No, couldn't be. She had, it sounded like, bought her way back to life. Yuca didn't want to come back ever. That was, after all, why he was so intent on killing off all life: to make sure he couldn't. Machika's face scrunches up as she tries to think. It's not fun to think about death. It never is. And for Paula to talk so flippantly about it. Like it didn't matter. Like she hadn't lost everyone.

Machika crosses her arms over her chest, trying to stay calm. She didn't understand. Neither of them did. Machika didn't understand anything that Paula was telling her. And Paula obviously didn't understand that a ) Machika wasn't familiar enough with their customs to get it and b ) that it was a shitty thing to be so casual about. Not everyone had chances like her. Beside her, Kiki nudges her upper arm, intuned to the girl's quiet shift in moods. She is comforted by the action. Taking a breath, she uncrosses her arms to wave a hand dismissively. That's all the acknowledgment she gives the conversation, skipping right past it.

"Right." Machika follows the girl's gaze, observing the same thing she did. "Looks like it?" She offered. Another breath, puffing up her cheeks, forcing herself to forget the previous conversation, trying to be nice. "I'm on my way back to the dorms. But." She relaxes a little, remembering their silly mistake. "We missed our stop." She shrugged, trying to make conversation that wasn't about dead people or hard to follow. "Where are you going?"

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 05:20 PM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

Paula noticed that Machika looked a little uncomfortable. "Are you ok?" Paula asked, twiddling her thumbs. "Uhh, sorry if this talk of death would make you uncomfortable. It is kind of a dark subject to talk about and we all had a loss of relative or friend in our lives." Paula tried to bring some light to this dark and touchy subject as she soon noticed that they did miss their stop at Upper Kadath. "Oh don't worry, i'm sure it will go back around again. Let's not miss it again ok?" Paula said to Machika, winking in the process.

Machika then explained that she was going to the dorms and before she could finish asking Paula where she's going she interrupted her. "Wait did you say dorms?" Paula asked before revealing as to where she's going next. "I'm going to the center boarding school. I figured I should go stay there for now since it's the only child friendly place I know about in Kadath so far." Paula revealed before turning back towards Machika and Kiki, lowering her brow as she asked another question.

"Are you going there yourself?" Paula asked.

Machika Balfaltin
PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 02:42 PM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

She can appreciate that not only does the girl pick up on her disinterest in the conversation, she apologizes for bringing. It might not have been fair for herself either to react so rudely. After all, no one coped the same. Machika smiles at her and waved a hand, happy to dismiss the conversation. Pushing off the seat, Machika walks back to the map. The subway definitively would go to her stop again. She was just a little afraid she'd miss it. Not the easiest thing to navigate and with no one else to follow ... Not to mention, now she was leading.

Machika glances over her shoulder at Paula at her interest in the dorms. "I do." She nodded. "I think it is too." A shrug as Kiki lays down on the train seat, watching them both. "Most kids I've come across live there. Most of 'em had parents but. Ended up here by themselves." She trails a finger down the path of the subway again. "It's pretty nice though, for not being home. They do their best." What else could they do when even adults didn't know how they'd ended up here?

She taps their stop on the map, moving to stand at the doors when they opened. She didn't get off, just peeked outside to make sure she had the right portion of the track. Going back to the map with a little more energy, she smiles, setting her hands on her hips. "I think it's the next one!" Proud of herself, Machika turns back to Paula. "I can take you to the admissions. They give you a room and set you up for classes, if you want 'em."

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 09:07 AM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

Paula was impressed about the central school by what Machika's describing. The girl explained that kids and teens who lost their parents upon entering Kadath go to the school for safety, kind of like what happened to Paula and Machika. However again unlike Machika, Paula had no one when she came here. "That sounds great!" Paula beamed back to Machika, wanting to go to the central boarding school.

"Of course, I would love to join the school. Actually I have a question relating to it." Paula looked around before speaking again. "And I should hurry since we probably almost reached our stop." Paula then asked her question. "Is there any boys at the school named Ness, Jeff, Poo or Pokey?" Paula asked Machika, hoping she knew any of the boys as she twiddled her fingers, a spark of electricity briefly appearing as she twiddled them. "You see, i'm friends with three of them and i'm just wondering if you stumbled upon any students there with those names." Paula added.

Clutching her chest a little as she awaits for Machika's answer.

Machika Balfaltin
PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 12:22 PM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

Hearing that they were near their stop, Kiki bounds off the bench, moving to Machika's side near the doors. The Angel curls his body around the back of her legs, turning his eyes up to Paula as the girl's talk. After a moment, his attention moves back to the doors. Rearing up on two legs, Kiki sets his front paws on the door. Machika had missed the first stop, after all, he'd try to make sure they didn't miss it again! Behind him, Machika blinks away what she thinks is a trick of the light as electricity moves along Paula's hands.

Paula's question is heavy. Machika's head tilts, noticing the hand Paula put to her chest. They were important to her. It made her feel bad. Even if it wasn't her fault, even if the circumstances were different, Machika knew very well what it was to miss someone. To struggle to move forward without them. Her face scrunches up as she tries to think. "Um. I'm not sure." She admits. She rubs her arm and looks away from Paula, not ready to catch her expression fall, if it meant to. "But." She remembers what that woman at immigration told her, the hope she had inspired, and smiles. "New people show up all the time. They could be here." Machika lowers her hand to set on her hip. Confident, she grins at her. No matter the parallels to her own pain, Machika wouldn't put hers before this girl's, especially not now, when she was still so new to the world. "There are lots of kids at the school. I'm sure you'll find someone!"

And, if nothing else, "I'm." Behind her Kiki turns to look, ears drooping slightly. "Looking for someone too. We can look together if you want."

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 09:16 AM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

She wasn't sure? Paula looked down, feeling a sadder then before. However she started looking happy again as she didn't want to be sad for Machika. She didn't want to be seen as weak, plus there was hope since Ness and co could end up in this odd place someday. She was also a bit relieved that Pokey did not seem to be in this world yet as well, she did wonder what happened to Pokey ever since the fight with Giygas. It's been almost two years now since Paula last saw that admittedly monstrous kid.

"Yeah, i'm sure there at the school, well I hope the first three boys are. I don't really like Pokey that much and if I told you about him, you would be as well." Pokey was the first persona Paula truly hated really, and she liked everyone she met, even the people that kidnapped her and the monsters and creatures she would meet. Hell she already befriended Machika and Kiki that just shows how friendly this girl was.

The train soon stopped, signalling that it has reached its destination as Paula stood up and stretched her legs. "Of course we can look together. We can handle two birds with one stone, let's just hope we get lucky and find out friends." Paula quipped before walking towards the train doors that were now open for passengers to disembark and for people at the train station in Upper Kadath to embark to other parts of Kadath, as Paula walked towards the door she briefly tripped again, just like what she did before entering the train.

"Fuzzy pickles." She sounded annoyed before turning back towards Machika and Kiki, still trying to keep up her happy facade. "Ready when you are?" Paula nodded as she stood outside the train, waiting for Machika and Kiki to follow her out of the station so they can lead Paula to the central boarding School and she can start socialising and look for her friends.

Paula was so glad that she met Machika and Kiki and hopes their new friendship continues to grow strong.

Machika Balfaltin

PMEmail
^
Machika Balfaltin
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 09:53 AM
Chaotic_Good
23 posts
fifteen years old
human
student
5'0" | 104 lbs
immortal rain
Machika Balfaltin

Machika cocks her head at Paula's response before she smiles again. She gets it: there were plenty of people she might have asked about just to make sure they weren't here. Like that idiot Eury and that girl that was always trying to kill her. Speaking of. Turning away for a brief moment, Machika retrieved their things off the bench. Looping her backpack over her shoulder, she settled her grandfather's sickle in between. They were stocked on sugary foods for her and meat for Kiki and, equipped with a new friend, Machika felt the weight on her shoulders lighten a little.

Agreeing with Paula's sentiments, she moves to follow her out of the doors as they open, only to watch as Paula stumbles again. Kiki pads to her side, nudging the girl's leg in encouragement. Machika, on the other hand, bit her tongue on a giggle. "You're pretty clumsy," she teased, exiting the train without any issues. She taps the toe of her sandal on the concrete, grabbing the straps of her backpack. "It's this way! C'mon, Kiki!" She turns on her heel and starts down the walkway, heading for the stairs to lead them above ground. Kiki keeps pace for only a moment before bounding ahead, intent to get into fresh air.

"Icky, gross! Wet everything."

Machika blinks and turns toward Paula. "They said -- my teachers -- not to go off the track." She tells her with a little pride at knowing something that the girl might not. "There's a lot of monsters and stuff in Kadath. Have you seen any?" She blinks, brow furrowing. "I'm not scared of them though." Stupid, she chides herself, deviating slightly from Paula's side as they head up the stairs and onto the city streets. She leaps onto a short lip on the sidewalk, balancing on it as she leads them forward.

"What's fuzzy pickles? Is that like." She looks down at Paula, grin lopsided. "Like 'oh shit'?"

PM
^
Paula Polestar
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 05:43 PM
Lawful_Neutral
30 posts
13 years old
Human
Student
61'5" / 100 LBS
Earthbound
Paula Polestar

N/A

Paula recovered from her little trip and turned towards Machika, briefly laughing. "Yeah, i'm not always this clumsy, although with everything that's going on such as coming to Kadath, things have been pretty hectic for me today. Which will hopefully stop once we get to the school." Paula hoped, wiping sweat from her forehead. Today was honestly a pretty stressful day for her what with her sudden trip to Onett going wrong, but with meeting friends like Machika, Kiki and Rosine and hope that Ness and her other old friends might be at the school Machika mentioned, things were looking high and mighty for Polestar.

Which is what she wanted, everything to go right with her life as it helps her keep going.

She soon approached the stairs out of the train station, following Machika from behind. "Monsters, makes sense, since I did see some a few hours ago." Paula revealed, taking a few steps upwards as she soon apporached the exit of the train station but she briefly stopped and raised her brow. "Who said anything about being scared by a couple of monsters here and there huh?" Paula joked and then laughed at what Machika said next.

"Basically, it's a more kid friendly version. In fact everyone in my world used it all the time, even the adults and monsters. It even won the most used word in Eagleland a few years ago." Paula explained to Machika, smiling as she followed the girl and her cat like pet away from the station and towards her new school and shelter.

"Machika, thank you for helping me so far, your a great new friend." Paula complimented the girl.

Machika Balfaltin

(End of Presence)
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed

a f f i l i a t e
RPG-D NickPicHost

TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay Those Among Us DBS Yuri Roleplay Sengoku Horizon F/BC All of Me ♥ DETHRONED GODS:RE Save Me STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kaleidoscope Avalon a Panfandom RP Mystic Mayhem
skinned by lauz @ shine.